Go big or go home…

Highly skilled migrant

Posted on: December 21, 2008

As J is being transferred to S’pore with his company, he’ll enter with an employment pass sponsored by the firm.

I, on the other hand, am entering merely as the spouse, and will be there on a dependent’s pass. This is basically a housewife visa – I won’t be allowed to work unless a local company writes me a letter of consent.

Yet… I’ve been asked to supply my birth certificate (fair enough) and my degree certificate (preferably from a “well-established” university).

I *really* hope this is a belt & braces approach from J’s company rather than a Ministry of Manpower (so Orwellian!) requirement.

I can’t see my ability to run Southern blots being all that useful when it comes to getting sozzled on gin at lunchtimes and ordering around the staff.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: